The PAM8009 is a 3W, Class D audio-power amplifier for driving bridged-tied stereo speakers. Advanced DC volume control minimizes external components and allows BTL (Speaker) volume control and SE (Headphone) volume control, the gain range is from +20dB (Volume=5V) to -60dB (Volume=0V) with 64 steps precise control.
Integrated power-limit technology suppresses the output signal clip automatically due to the over level input signal. This technology also offers low THD+N and protects speaker.
Integrated Undervoltage Protection (UVP) technology, external undervoltage detection can be used to shut down the PAM8009 before an input device can generate a pop.
PAM8009 is available in SO-24 and U-QFN4040-20.
• LCD Monitor / Projects
• Projects / All-In-One Computers
• Portable Speakers
• Portable DVD Player / Game Machines
• Operating Voltage: 2.8v ~ 5.5v
• Filter – Free and Low EMI
• Low Quiescent Current
• IDD=7mA @ VDD= 5V
• 64 Steps DC Volume Control from -80dB to +20dB by DC Voltage with Hysteresis
• Power Limit Function
Disable: 0.45VDD ~ VDD
Max. Power: GND
• UVP Function
• Output Power @ THD+N=1%
VDD=5V, Rl=4Ω; Po=2.4W
VDD=5V, Rl=8Ω; Po=1.4W
VDD=5V, Rl=32Ω; Po=60mW
• Output Power @ THD+N = 10%
VDD=5V, Rl=4Ω; Po=3.0W
VDD=5V, Rl=8Ω; Po=1.7W
• Input Signal and Headphone Output Signal in Phase
• Thermal and Over-Current Protections with Auto-Recovery
• Power Enhance Package SO-24 and U-QFN4040-20
• Lead Free and Green Devices Available (RoHS Compliant)