The PT7C4563 serial real-time clock is a low-power clock/calendar with a programmable square-wave output. Address and data are transferred serially via a 2-wire bidirectional bus. The clock/calendar provides seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, and year information. The date at the end of the month is automatically adjusted for months with fewer than 31 days, including corrections for leap year. The clock operates in the 24-hour format indicator. Table 1 shows the basic functions of PT7C4563. More details are shown in section: overview of functions.
- Using external 32.768kHz quartz crystal
- Supports I2C-Bus's high speed mode (400 kHz)
- Includes time (Hour/Minute/Second) and calendar (Year/Month/Date/Day) counter functions (BCD code)
- Programmable square wave output signal
- Oscillator stop flag
- Low backup current: typ. 400nA at VDD=3.0V and TA=25°C
- Operating range: 1.3V to 5.5V