The AH8501 is a high accuracy, low power linear Hall effect sensor with output voltage of 8-bit resolution. The output voltage is ratiometric to the supply voltage and proportional to the magnetic flux density perpendicular to the part marking surface. The output null point is at half the supply voltage.
AH8501 is a trimmed device with sensitivity of 2.25mV/G and 3.8mV/G at 1.8V and 3V with accuracy of 3% . The device has typical input referred rms noise of 0.36G and 0.24G at 1.8V and 3.0V.
Designed for battery powered consumer equipment to office equipment, home appliances and industrial applications, the AH8501 can operate over the supply range of 1.6V to 3.6V and uses an externally controlled ENABLE pin clocking system to control operating modes and sampling rate and to minimize the power consumption. The typical average operating supply current is between 8.9uA during sleep mode and 1.16mA at maximum sampling rate at 1.8V. With a conversion pulse every 50ms at the ENABLE pin, the power consumption is 22uW typical at 1.8V supply.
To minimize PCB space the AH8501 is available in small low profile U-DFN2020-6.
• High Accuracy Level, Proximity, Position and Travel Detection
• Button Press Detection in Digital Still, Video Cameras and Handheld Gaming Consoles
• Accurate Door, Lids and Tray Position Detection
• Liquid Level Detection
• Joy Stick Control – Gaming and Industrial Applications
• Contact-Less Level, Proximity and Position Measurement in Home Appliances and Industrial Applications
• High Accuracy Linear Hall Effect Sensor with +/-400G Sense Range and Output Voltage with 8-bit resolution
• Supply Voltage of 1.6V to 3.6V
• Multiple Operating Modes and Sampling Rate Control through Enable pin.
• High Accuracy: Trimmed Sensitivity of 2.25mV/G and 3.8mV/G at 1.8V and 3V with Accuracy of of 3% at 25oC
• Low Offset Voltage
• Low Average Supply Current
- 8.9uA typical in Sleep Mode (Default) at 1.8V
- 1.01mA typical in Auto-Run Mode (6.25kHz) at 1.8V
- 12uA typical in External Drive Mode with 20Hz Sample Rates at 1.8V
- 1.16mA typical at External Drive Mode with 7.14kHz Sample Rates at 1.8V