The AL8807Q is a step-down DC/DC converter designed to drive LEDs with a constant current. The device can drive up to 9 LEDs, depending on the forward voltage of the LEDs, in series from a voltage source of 6V to 30V. Series connection of the LEDs provides identical LED currents resulting in uniform brightness and eliminating the need for ballast resistors. The AL8807Q switches at frequency up to 1MHz with controlled rise and fall times to reduce EMI. This allows the use of small size external components, hence minimizing the PCB area needed.
Maximum output current of AL8807Q is set via an external resistor connected between the VIN and SET input pins. Dimming is achieved by applying either a DC voltage or a PWM signal at the CTRL input pin. An input voltage of 0.4V or lower at CTRL switches off the output MOSFET simplifying PWM dimming.
The AL8807Q has been qualified to AEC-Q100 Grade 1 and is Automotive Grade supporting PPAPs.
- LED driving current up to 1.3A
- Better than 5% accuracy
- High efficiency up to 96%
- Optimally controlled switching speeds
- Operating input voltage from 6V to 30V
- PWM/DC input for dimming control
- Built-in output open-circuit protection
- Automotive Grade with AEC-Q100 Qualification
- MSOP-8EP: Available in “Green” Molding Compound (No Br, Sb)
- Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant
- Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device
- Automotive Grade
- Qualified to AEC-Q100 Standards for High Reliability
- PPAP Capable
- Automotive Interior LED Lamps
- Automotive Exterior LED Lamps