AP1605 consists of CMOS step-down switching regulator with PWM/PFM dual mode control. These devices include a reference voltage source, oscillation circuit, error amplifier, internal PMOS and etc. AP1605 provides low-ripple power, high efficiency, and excellent transient characteristics. The PWM/PFM control circuit is able to vary the duty ratio linearly 0%~0.25% (PFM) and 25%~100% (PWM). With the addition of an internal P-channel Power MOS, a coil, capacitors, and a diode connected externally, these ICs can function as step-down switching regulators. They serve as ideal power supply units for portable devices when coup°C with the SO–8 mini-package, providing such outstanding features as low current consumption. Since this converter can accommodate an input voltage of up to 7V, it is also ideal when operating via an AC adapter.
- On-board power supply of battery devices for portable telephones, electronic notebooks, PDA, and other hand-held sets
- Power supplies for audio equipment, including portable CD players and headphone stereo equipment
- Fixed voltage power supply for cameras, video equipment and communications equipment
- Power supplies for microcomputers.
- Conversion from four Ni-H or Ni-Cd cells or two lithium-ion cells to 3.3V/3V
- Conversion of AC adapter input to 5V/3V