The AL8808 is a step-down DC/DC converter designed to drive LEDs with a constant current. The device can drive up to 8 LEDs, depending on the forward voltage of the LEDs, in series from a voltage source of 6V to 30V. Series connection of the LEDs provides identical LED currents resulting in uniform brightness and eliminating the need for ballast resistors. The AL8808 switches at frequency up to 1MHz. This allows the use of small size external components, hence minimizing the PCB area needed.
Maximum output current of AL8808 is set via an external resistor connected between the VIN and SET input pins. Dimming is achieved by applying either a DC voltage or a PWM signal at the CTRL input pin. An input voltage of 0.4V or lower at CTRL switches off the output MOSFET simplifying PWM dimming.
It is available in TSOT25.
- LED Driving Current Up to 1A
- Better Than 5% Accuracy
- High Efficiency Up to 96%
- Fast Controlled Falling Edges 7ns
- Operating Input Voltage from 6V to 30V
- High Switching Frequency Up to 1MHz
- PWM/DC Input for Dimming Control
- Built-In Output Open-Circuit Protection
- Built-In Over-Temperature Protection
- TSOT25: Available in “Green” Molding Compound (No Br, Sb) - Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant - Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device
- MR16 Lamps
- General Illumination Lamps