Technology Development Manager - Greenock, UK
Diodes Incorporated (Nasdaq: DIOD), a Standard and Poor’s SmallCap 600 and Russell 3000 Index company, delivers high-quality semiconductor products to the world’s leading companies in the automotive, industrial, computing, consumer electronics, and communications markets.
Diodes' wafer fabrication facility in Greenock, Scotland (UK) has ~300 employees and produces wafers to support analog ICs and discrete components. These products are used in a wide variety of different markets, including automotive, industrial, consumer, communications, and computing.
Nature of Job:
The section manager will define and coordinate technology development engineering activities to achieve the goal of successfully releasing new process technology into production. This will include new process development and technology transfers from unit process development to the manufacturing ready state. Manager will oversee a team comprised of process integration, design, and process engineers focused on development activity.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with business units defining required technology development
- Manage project timelines for technology releases at GFAB, regularly reporting out progress to business units and senior management
- Unit process development and process integration
- Develop control plans for new technology
- Follow structured process transfer methodology including: PDA, RPN, learning cycles, characterisation, qual and manufacturing release phases, etc.
- Statistical process control, design of experiments, process characterization, and data analysis
- Developing innovative solutions to complex process and equipment problems
- Introduce and implement new processes and manufacturing techniques ensuring process design for manufacturability
- Transfer and implementation of processes from development into production status
- Support all development activities and ensure that all quality and customer requirements are met
- Development of staff including establishing and maintaining required training for process development group
- Ensure the group complies with current health, safety and environmental legislation and with company HS&E policies
Individual must have:
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant engineering or science discipline
- Knowledge of semiconductor wafer fabrication
- Proven track record in process development and transfer activity
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and all manufacturing disciplines
- Ability to implement improvement plans in accordance with a team-based culture and 24/7 operation
- Understand the needs of internal and external customers
- Knowledge of automotive and ISO9001 type management systems including FMEA, SPC etc.
- Ability to understand and communicate the team’s contribution towards achieving the corporate goals and apply continuous improvement processes to influence the outcome
- Lead by example, demonstrating a positive, change-orientated approach
- Ability to coordinate and drive team activities
- Ability to form productive working relationships with other departments and teams
- Good organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with managing people
- Process integration and device physics background
- Ability to coach and influence others including those outside their reporting structure to achieve the desired results
- Ability to motivate and develop skills in others through coaching and mentoring
- Knowledge of all manufacturing areas
- Audit knowledge or experience
How to Apply:
Candidates should already have the right to work in the UK before applying.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV with the subject line "Head Gfab Graduate Recruitment" and include the name of the position being applied to.