The AH8503 is a high accuracy, micropower power linear Hall effect sensor with output voltage of 8-bit resolution. The output voltage is ratiometric to the supply voltage and proportional to the magnetic flux density perpendicular to the part marking surface. The output null point is at half the supply voltage.
AH8503 is a trimmed device with sensitivity of 2.25mV/G and 3.8mV/G at 1.8V and 3V with accuracy of 3% at 25C. The device has typical input referred rms noise of 0.36G and 0.24G at 1.8V and 3.0V.
Designed for battery powered consumer equipment to office equipment, home appliances and industrial applications, the AH8503 can operate over the supply range of 1.6V to 3.6V. It uses an externally controlled CNTRL pin clocking system to set sampling rate and to minimize the power consumption. When the CNTL pin is connected to GND, the the sampling rate is 24Hz and when CNTRL pin is flaoting or logic high, the sampling rate is 6.25kHz. The CNTRL pin can be externally clocked to control the sampling frequency between 24Hz to 7kHz.
The typical average operating supply current is between 1mA typ at 6.25kHz and 13uA at minimum sampling speed of 24Hz. With a sampling rate of 24Hz , the power consumption is 23.4uW typical at 1.8V supply.
To minimize PCB space the AH8503 is available in small low profile U-DFN2020-6.
• High Accuracy Level, Proximity, Position and Travel Detection
• Button Press Detection in Digital Still, Video Cameras and Handheld Gaming Consoles
• Accurate Door, Lids and Tray Position Detection
• Liquid Level Detection
• Joy Stick Control – Gaming and Industrial Applications
• Smart Meters
• Contact-Less Level, Proximity and Position Measurement in Home Appliances and Industrial Applications
• High Accuracy Linear Hall Effect Sensor with +/-400G Sense Range and Output Voltage with 8-bit resolution
• Supply Voltage of 1.6V to 3.6V
• Multiple Operating Modes and Sampling Rate Control through CNTRL pin.
- Defualt Mode: 24Hz Sample rate (CNTRL = 0)
- Turbo Mode: 6.25kHz Sample Rate (CNTRL = 1)
- External Drive Mode: up to 7.14kHz Sampel rate with External Clocking on CNTRL Pin
• High Accuracy: Trimmed Sensitivity of 2.225mV/G and 3.8mV/G at 1.8V and 3V respectively with accuracy of 3% at 25oC
• Low offset Voltage
• Low Average Supply Current
- 13uA Typical in Micropwoer Mode (Default) with 24Hz Sample Rate at 1.8V
- 1.01mA Typical in Turbo Mode with 6.25kHz Sample Rate at 1.8V
- 1.16mA typical in External Drive mode with 7.14kHz sampling rate at 1.8V