The AH8502 is a micropower power linear Hall effect sensor with output voltage of 8-bit resolution. The output voltage is ratiometric to the supply voltage and proportional to the magnetic flux density perpendicular to the part marking surface. The output null point is at half the supply voltage.
AH8500 has a typical sensitivity of 2.1mV/G and 3.55mV/G at 1.8V and 3V. The typical null voltage offset is less than 1% of VDD. The device has typical input referred rms noise of 0.36G and 0.24G at 1.8V and 3.0V.
Designed for battery powered consumer equipment to office equipment, home appliances and industrial applications, the AH8502 can operate over the supply range of 1.6V to 3.6V. The device has a CNTRL pin to select the operating modes and sampling rate to minimize power consumption. The device operates in default micropower mode with sampling rate of 24Hz typical and consumes only 13uA typical at 1.8V. In turbo mode with continuous 6.25kHz sample rate the current consumption is 1mA typical. In external-drive mode, the CNTRL be can be used to change the sampling frequency up to 7.14KHz with current consumption of 1.16mA typical at 1.8V.
To minimize PCB space the AH8502 is available in small low profile U-DFN2020-6.
• Level, Proximity, Position and Travel Detection
• Button Press Detection in Digital Still, Video Cameras and Handheld Gaming Consoles
• Accurate Door, Lids and Tray Position Detection
• Liquid Level Detection
• Joy Stick Control – Gaming and Industrial Applications
• Smart Meters
• Contact-Less Level, Proximity and Position Measurement in Home Appliances and Industrial Applications
• Linear Hall Effect Sensor with +/-430G Sense Range and Output Voltage with 8-Bit Resolution
• Supply Voltage of 1.6V to 3.6V
• Multiple Operating Modes and Sampling Rate Control through CNTRL pin.
- Defualt Mode: 24Hz Sample rate (CNTRL = 0)
- Turbo Mode: 6.25kHz Sample Rate (CNTRL = 1)
- External Drive Mode: up to 7.14kHz Sampel rate with External Clocking on CNTRL Pin
• Sensitivity: 2.1mV/G and 3.55mV/G at 1.8V and 3V at 25oC
• Low offset Voltage
• Low Average Supply Current
- 13uA Typical in Micropwoer Mode (Default) with 24Hz Sample Rate at 1.8V
- 1.01mA Typical in Turbo Mode with 6.25kHz Sample Rate at 1.8V
- 1.16mA typical in External Drive mode with 7.14kHz sampling rate at 1.8V