Pericom Semiconductor’s PI2EQX4401D is a low power, PCI-Express compliant signal re-driver. The device provides programmable equalization, amplifi cation, and de-emphasis by using 4 select bits, SEL[0:3], to optimize performance over a variety of physical mediums by reducing Inter-symbol interference. PI2EQX4401D supports two 100Ω Differential CML data I/O’s between the Protocol ASIC to a switch fabric, across a backplane, or extends the signals across other distant data pathways on the user’s platform.
The integrated equalization circuitry provides fl exibility with signal integrity of the PCI-express signal before the re-driver. Whereas the integrated de-emphasis circuitry provides
flexibility with signal integrity of the PCI-express signal after the ReDriver.
A low-level input signal detection and output squelch function is provided for both channels. Each channel operates fully independently. When a channel is enabled (EN_x=1) and operating, that channel's input signal level (on xl+/-) determines whether the output is enabled. If the input level of the channel falls below the active threshold level (Vth-) then the output driver switches off, and the pin is pulled to VDD via a high impedance resistor.
In addition to providing signal re-conditioning, Pericom’s PI2EQX4401D also provides power management Stand-by mode operated by a Bus Enable pin. A differential clock buffer is provided for test and other system requirements. This clock function is not used by the data channels.
- One high-speed PCI-Express lane
- Adjustable Transmiter De-Emphasis & Amplitude
- Adjustable Receiver Equalization
- One Spread Spectrum Reference Clock Buffer Output
- Input Signal Level Detect and Output Squelch
- 100Ω Differential CML I/O’s
- Low Power (100mW per Channel)
- Stand-by Mode – Power Down State
- VDD Operating Range: 1.8V ±0.1V
- Packaging (Pb-free & Green): — 36-pad TQFN (ZF36)