Log in or register
to manage email notifications about changes to datasheets or PCNs for this part.
The AH8500 is a low power linear Hall effect sensor with output voltage of 8-bit resolution. The output voltage is ratiometric to the supply voltage and proportional to the magnetic flux density perpendicular to the part marking surface. The output null point is at half the supply voltage.
AH8500 has a typical sensitivity of 2.1mV/G and 3.55mV/G at 1.8V and 3V. The typical null voltage offset is less than 1% of VDD. The device has typical input referred rms noise of 0.36G and 0.24G at 1.8V and 3.0V.
Designed for battery powered consumer equipment to office equipment, home appliances and industrial applications, the AH8500 can operate over the supply range of 1.6V to 3.6V and uses an externally controlled ENABLE pin clocking system to control operating modes and sampling rate and to minimize the power consumption. The typical average operating supply current is between 1.16mA at 7kHz sampling speed and 8.9uA during “Sleep” mode at 1.8V. With a conversion pulse every 50ms at the ENABLE pin, the power consumption is 22uW typical at 1.8V supply.
To minimize PCB space the AH8500 is available in small low profile U-DFN2020-6.
• Level, Proximity, Position and Travel Detection
• Button Press Detection in Digital Still, Video Cameras and Handheld Gaming Consoles
• Accurate Door, Lids and Tray Position Detection
• Liquid Level Detection
• Joy Stick Control – Gaming and Industrial Applications
• Contact-Less Level, Proximity and Position Measurement in Home Appliances and Industrial Applications
• Linear Hall Effect Sensor with +/-430G Sense Range and Output Voltage with 8-Bit Resolution
• Supply Voltage of 1.6V to 3.6V
• Multiple Operating Modes and Sampling Rate cControl through Enable pin.
• Sensitivity: 2.1mV/G and 3.55mV/G at 1.8V and 3Vat 25oC
• Low offset Voltage
• Low Average Supply Current
- 8.9uA typical in Sleep Mode (Default) at 1.8V
- 1.01mA typical in Auto-Run Mode (6.25kHz) at 1.8V
- 12uA typical in External Drive Mode with 20hz Sample Rates at 1.8V
- 1.16mA typical at External Drive Mode with 7.14kHz Sample rates at 1.8V