The AH1889 is a high sensitivity, dual output Unipolar Hall Effect switch IC which can detect either a North or South pole independently and switch one of its two outputs.The AH1889 is mainly designed for low voltage applications which require a quick response time (withoput sleep mode) and can operate over the supply voltage of 1.65V to 3.6V. Based on two Hall Effect plates and a chopper stabilized architecture the AH1889 provides a reliable solution over the whole operating range. To minimize PCB space AH1889 outputs have internal pull-up and pull down capability and is packaged in a small low profile package.
A South pole of sufficient strength will turn OUTPUT1 on and a North pole of sufficient strength with turn on OUTPUT2. While the magnetic flux density (B) perpendicular to the package is larger than operate point Bops or Bopn, the appropriate output will be turned on (pul°C low), the output is held until B is lower than release point Brps or Brps, then turned off (high). The outputs will be turned off and will remain off when there is no magnetic field.
The AH1889 is available in SOT553 package.
Two monolithic Unipolar Hall effect sensor switch
- Operation with a South pole (OUTPUT1)
- Operation with a North pole (OUTPUT2) Supply voltage of 1.65V to 3.6VQuick response time without sleep modeOpen drain output Chopper stabilized design for
- Superior temperature stability
- Minimal switch point drift
- Enhanced immunity to physical stressGood RF noise immunity-40oC to 85oC Operating TemperatureESD > 4kV in Human Body Mode Small low profile SOT553 packages
• Position and proximity detection for consumer, office equipement and industrial applications
• Open and close detect switches for home appliances
• Doors, lids and trays position detect switches
• On/Off Contact-less switches
• Magnetic field direction detection