Diodes in Action
Spotlight on our U.K. manufacturing sites:
- In 2021 we used a third-party service provider to engage in a confidential “health surveillance” assessment with employees in our U.K. manufacturing facilities to help identify work-related health risks (e.g. exposures to noise, vibration, solvents, fumes) or ergonomic concerns, and to identify possible controls to protect employee health.
- To reduce our carbon footprint and promote employee health and wellbeing, our Oldham wafer fabrication facility (OFAB) collaborated in partnership with Transport for Greater Manchester and installed showers and drying cabinets for those walking or cycling to work. At OFAB, we also introduced the Aviva Wellbeing Mobile App, including a Digital GP (general practitioner) option. With Digital GP, our employees can access 24 hours a day unlimited and private GP video consultations and repeat National Health Service (NHS) prescriptions with free UK delivery. Employee assistance program, including counseling, is also available at OFAB.
- In addition to the Know Your Numbers (blood pressure and cholesterol) campaigns launched previously at both OFAB and GFAB, we also launched a number of employee wellness campaigns such as: Cycle to Work scheme, Cancer Awareness and Mental Health Awareness sessions, Healthy Eating Promotion (including introduction of a variety of healthy food options in cafeterias), External Walking Track, and onsite Pilates classes. Health promotion leaflets and materials are also available in the occupational health clinic to raise employee awareness.
Big Team Challenge:
- During 2020, our employees in Europe self-initiated the formation of Healthy Working Living teams. In 2020, we leveraged the Big Team Challenge platform to engage in friendly health and fitness competition across our offices in Europe to promote a healthy work-life balance and strengthen employee morale. These health initiatives were instrumental in improving team cohesion and employee engagement during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our employees walked the length of Great Britain, from Land’s End to John O’Groats, a total of 2,299,172 steps, 11 milestones, and 981 miles.
- In 2021, we continued with the Big Team Challenge and had 51 active participants from across our European sites represented on this wellness challenge. The team collectively logged 26,788,200 steps. The travelling trophy is awarded to the winning team in Munich, Germany.
“This challenge definitely motivated most of us to be more active, and it has to remain a yearly event one looks for!”
- Suzana Mujcinovic, Customer Service Manager
Left: The winning team, The Red Hot Chilli Steppers, from our Greenock, UK facility.
Right: 2021 Big Team Challenge participants
Spotlight on our Shanghai manufacturing site:
In 2021, the Sports Team of the Employee Services Committee from SFAB, one of our manufacturing sites in Shanghai, China, celebrated a year of employee-focused sports activities including:
- A 5K Walking Race held in ZiZhu High-Tech Zone;
- A Table Tennis competition;
- A Health Run, with one of our employees, Zhou Kai, winning third place in the men's group, and SFAB winning the "Best Organization Award";
- A Badminton Game; and
- A Basketball Match.