Senior Facilities Manager - South Portland, ME
Diodes Incorporated is seeking a Senior Facilities Manager for the South Portland Maine site. This position will lead, guide, and direct the facilities teams at the South Portland, ME, 371,000-square-foot plant. Position responsibilities include overseeing all aspects of the maintenance and operations of a 24/7 manufacturing facility, which include planning, budgeting, and scheduling of facilities modifications as well as site regulatory compliance. This position reports to the Site General Manager.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee Facilities departments comprised of approximately 25 employees
- Define and cascade performance expectations, ensuring team and individual goal alignment; ensure individual development plans are implemented and progress continually monitored; on-going commitment to key drivers of employee engagement
- Develop, implement, and maintain best known facilities and business operational practices, site planning and optimal use strategies, departmental budget controls, site utilities, operation efficiency and cost reduction projects, future expansion and growth plans
- Define Capital projects; Lead the engineering team in planning and managing capital projects; Participate in forecasting of capital plans/roadmap and yearly budgets
- Support/lead continuous improvement efforts within the plant in terms of production/labor efficiency, reliability, quality, 5S, ergonomics, health/safety, and environmental issues
- Actively engage with other global site leaders to lead/drive group communication, high uptime system support to manufacturing, rapid conflicts resolution, and proactive change management for continuous and sustained improvements across the site
- Oversee maintenance and continuous improvement projects on all site services and utility support systems
- Make rapid risk and cost-impact based business decisions especially during system failures and/or emergencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or related engineering field
- 10 years of progressively challenging facilities related experience
- Experience as a facility manager running a semiconductor manufacturing site or other similar advanced technology or life sciences manufacturing facility
- Previous experience and/or expertise in several of the following areas: Plant Operations Engineering, Consulting Engineering, Building Construction and Maintenance, Electrical Supply Systems, Hazardous Chemicals & Gases Handling, Advanced Water Purity Systems, large scale HVAC systems, Waste Treatment Systems, Air Exhaust and Purification Systems, Fire Protection, and Life Safety Systems
- A working knowledge of Facilities preventative and predictive maintenance methods, Environmental Sustainability Programs, Environmental Health and Safety, Regulatory compliance, and US building codes
- Demonstrated abilities in departmental budget processes, staff development, and administrative practices
- Ability to disseminate complex and technical information and make sound economical judgments of various alternatives
- Able to lead collaborative, innovative, cross-functional diverse teams
- Position requires excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
Diodes Incorporated (Nasdaq: DIOD), a Standard and Poor’s SmallCap 600 and Russell 3000 Index company, delivers high-quality semiconductor products to the world’s leading companies in the automotive, industrial, computing, consumer electronics, and communications markets. We leverage our expanded product portfolio of discrete, analog, and mixed-signal products and leading-edge packaging technology to meet customers’ needs. Our broad range of application-specific solutions and solutions-focused sales, coupled with worldwide operations of 32 sites, including engineering, testing, manufacturing, and customer service, enables us to be a premier provider for high-volume, high-growth markets. For more information visit www.diodes.com.
We offer a competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401k with company match, company paid Short Term and Long Term disability and standard life insurance policy. We also provide paid time off and have an employee wellness program.
Click here to apply. >>