Process Engineering Manager - Greenock, UK
Diodes Incorporated (Nasdaq: DIOD), a Standard and Poor’s SmallCap 600 and Russell 3000 Index company, delivers high-quality semiconductor products to the world’s leading companies in the automotive, industrial, computing, consumer electronics, and communications markets.
Diodes' wafer fabrication facility in Greenock, Scotland (UK) has ~300 employees and produces wafers to support analog ICs and discrete components. These products are used in a wide variety of different markets, including automotive, industrial, consumer, communications, and computing.
Nature of Job:
The section manager will define and coordinate engineering activities within their area to achieve the operational goals of output, cycle time, cost, yield and quality.
The group will also actively support process development and new technology transfers, from unit process development to the manufacturing ready state.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to optimize and enhance process performance
- Statistical process control, design of experiments, process characterization, and data analysis
- Defining specifications and procedures
- Developing innovative solutions to complex process and equipment problems
- Introduce and implement new processes and manufacturing techniques ensuring process design for manufacturability
- Transfer and implementation of processes from development into production status
- Support all manufacturing activities and ensure that all quality and customer requirements are met
- Development of staff including establishing and maintaining required training for process engineers and technicians
- Ensure the group complies with current health, safety and environmental legislation and with company HS&E policies
- Initiate and deliver cost reduction activities
Individual must have:
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant engineering or science discipline
- Knowledge of semiconductor wafer fabrication processes
- Knowledge of automotive and ISO9001 type management systems including FMEA, SPC etc.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and all manufacturing disciplines
- Ability to implement improvement plans in accordance with a team-based culture and 24/7 operation
- Understand the needs of internal and external customers
- Ability to understand and communicate the team’s contribution towards achieving the corporate goals and apply continuous improvement processes to influence the outcome
- Lead by example, demonstrating a positive, change-orientated approach
- Ability to coordinate and drive team activities
- Able to form productive working relationships with other departments and teams
- Good organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience of managing people
- Ability to coach and influence others including those outside their reporting structure to achieve the desired results
- Ability to motivate and develop skills in others through coaching and mentoring
- Knowledge of all manufacturing areas
- Audit knowledge or experience
How to Apply:
Candidates should already have the right to work in the UK before applying.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV with the subject line "Head Gfab Graduate Recruitment" and include the name of the position being applied to.