Process Engineer - Oldham, UK
Nature of Job
As a Process Engineer you will have developed your training from the graduate or technician role, having a basic understanding of the tools, processes, and technical knowledge within your group.
You will spend more time on shift sustainment activities across your area, with the support of the Process Technicians. With guidance where required, you will support manufacturing within your area, ensuring the quality of the material is as expected.
You will support the training of the Process Technicians. You will also be involved in CI project teams within your area, working on limited assignments of scope and complexity within your own area.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and maintain wafer fabrication processes within your area and guide your group lead where appropriate.
- Develop and execute auditable instructions and procedures that enable manufacturing performance to target, process control, measurement, repeatability and ensure health and safety procedural compliance.
- Member of CI team from own area, that improves: processes, procedures, or operator functions through robust SPC, DOE, R&R, 8D, 6 Sigma or other structured techniques to show benefits in product efficiency and quality.
- Member of team to support the implementation of new process and manufacturing techniques, ensuring process performance aligns with both design for manufacturability and output expectations.
- Work on teams to transfer and implement new processes from development to production status as robust, capable, stable, and high-yielding processes.
- Good knowledge of MES system, enabling you to work on SPC, OCAPs, NCMs and CARs supported by group members where required.
- Support all manufacturing activities with guidance where required, ensure that all quality, customer, and safety requirements are met.
- Expected process sustaining tasks of up to 80%.
- Expected process improvement tasks of up to 20%.
- Basic knowledge of Six Sigma and project management.
- Participate in group teams with a view to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be party to influencing attitudes and behaviors to ensure Process Engineering group achieves the required standards.
- Complete all health and safety online courses, alongside Quality portal courses in a timely manner.
- Be involved in reviewing all COSHH assessments within Process Engineering group.
- Support any changes for data collection/SPC operations.
- Training and mentoring of Process Technicians.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadine: April 7th