Equipment Maintenance Technician (Photolithography/Metrology) - South Portland, ME
Diodes Incorporated is seeking an Electromechanical Technician to join our South Portland, Maine facility to support multiple manufacturing activities. This position requires that the individual possess knowledge in electronics and electromechanical systems and is able to translate that knowledge into the ability to troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and perform preventative maintenance procedures on equipment used in the manufacture of semiconductor devices.
These repairs and procedures are performed in an environment where chemicals (solvent, developer, photoresists) as well as high voltage, and kinetic energy hazards exist. Safety training on the job is provided! Repairs and maintenance must be performed in a timely and accurate manner so as to minimize the loss of availability to manufacturing.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working hours: Night shift, from 6:00am to 6:00pm, with 3 days on, 3 days off rotation
- Initial work hours involve training 8:00am to 5:00pm, 5 days per week for 6 to 12 months
- Work is performed within a clean room environment that requires the wearing of a smock, hood, booties, latex gloves, and safety glasses
- Requires occasional wearing of personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, aprons, gauntlets, and full face masks
- Requires standing for up to 75% of shift
- Requires lifting of objects that weigh up to 50 lbs.
- May require working with hazardous gases, chemicals, and voltages up to 90 kilovolts
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on a variety of Photo and Metrology equipment
- Work with an assortment of different robotic systems used in the handling of semiconductor wafers
- Perform calibrations on many different types of metrology equipment
- Work with measurement and inspection tools utilizing SEMs, ellipsometers, XRF, and light scatter technology
- Learn about Coat, Expose, and Develop Photo processes used to pattern semiconductor circuits
- Troubleshoot and repair electromechanical systems that include servo motors and controllers, stepper motors and controllers, AC motors and controllers, and DC motors and controllers
- Troubleshoot and repair electro-pneumatic systems that include solenoid valves and pneumatic logic circuits
- Troubleshoot and repair electronic systems to the chassis level
- Be cross-trained in other areas as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering Technologies or Electromechanical Technologies, military equivalent, or other relevant equipment maintenance education/experience
- Minimum of 10 years as an electromechanical technician, ideally in the semiconductor industry
- FSI, TEL, and SVG tracks
- KLTENCOR, RUDOLPH, and APPLIED MATERIALS metrology equipment
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to read electrical schematics
- The ability to use digital multimeters and voltage supplies
- The flexibility to work outside of a normal schedule, cross train (learn more than one job or operation), and multi-task as needed
Diodes Incorporated (Nasdaq: DIOD), a Standard and Poor’s SmallCap 600 and Russell 3000 Index company, delivers high-quality semiconductor products to the world’s leading companies in the automotive, industrial, computing, consumer electronics, and communications markets. We leverage our expanded product portfolio of discrete, analog, and mixed-signal products and leading-edge packaging technology to meet customers’ needs. Our broad range of application-specific solutions and solutions-focused sales, coupled with worldwide operations of 32 sites, including engineering, testing, manufacturing, and customer service, enables us to be a premier provider for high-volume, high-growth markets. For more information visit www.diodes.com.
We offer a competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401k with company match, company paid Short Term and Long Term disability and standard life insurance policy. We also provide paid time off, employee wellness program.
Click here to apply. >>