Discrete Design Engineer - Plano, TX
The person in this role is responsible for developing discrete novel ESD device structures and processing technologies for TVS products (Transient Voltage Suppressor Products) which meet the products specs defined by marketing.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run TCAD simulations to design and optimize process flow for TVS (Transient Voltage Suppressor), ESD/Surge protection structures and determine design rules and process conditions to meet the target electrical specifications
- Define the split plan of the process and the layout and interface with process integration engineers to execute the DOE plan
- Interface with foundries to implement a process flow design which meets BU’s product requirements
- Work on photomask layout of device structures, generate GDS file and tape-out
- Interface with product engineering and marketing to make sure the assembled products can be released for production
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the BU or BG managers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A degree in physics or electrical engineering or similar - a PhD in the field of semiconductor device physics or related areas would be a plus
- At least 5+ years' experience in the semiconductor industry as a process and/or device engineer
- Strong device physics background and in-depth knowledge of process technologies
- In-depth knowledge of ESD device physics, ESD testing specifications and characterization methods
- Expertise in semiconductor devices including layout, device development, process development, device characterization, simulation and wafer level reliability
- Familiarity and expertise in various major pieces of wafer fabrication equipment including photolithography, etching, implant, background/back metal deposition, epitaxial growth, chip probing
- Prior experience in TVS, ESD/surge protection structures development is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Ability to lead a worldwide design team is a plus
Diodes Incorporated (Nasdaq: DIOD), a Standard and Poor’s SmallCap 600 and Russell 3000 Index company, delivers high-quality semiconductor products to the world’s leading companies in the automotive, industrial, computing, consumer electronics, and communications markets. We leverage our expanded product portfolio of discrete, analog, and mixed-signal products and leading-edge packaging technology to meet customers’ needs. Our broad range of application-specific solutions and solutions-focused sales, coupled with worldwide operations of 32 sites, including engineering, testing, manufacturing, and customer service, enables us to be a premier provider for high-volume, high-growth markets. For more information visit www.diodes.com.
We offer a competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401k with company match, company paid short term and long term disability and standard life insurance policy. We also provide paid time off, an employee wellness program and an onsite gym.
Click here to apply. >>