Equipment Engineer, Lee's Summit, MO
Diodes FabTech Inc., started operations when the facilities were purchased from AT&T Microelectronics on Dec 21, 1995. Operations commenced on February 14, 1996. Diodes FabTech Inc. currently employs approximately 200 people (August 2011) and occupies approximately 70,000 sq. ft. (1/20th) of the "Summit Technologies Center". The building is 1.3-million sq. ft., the size of 21 soccer fields. Diodes FabTech is currently the largest manufacturing facility in Lee's Summit, MO.
Diodes FabTech Inc. has two distinct business areas:
- EPI - We apply thin epitaxial layers (3 microns to 200 microns) of single crystal silicon to silicon wafers for various customers and internal consumption.
- Wafer Fabrication - Process wafers and provide the following products: Diodes/Rectifiers, Transistors, and Protection Devices
We are currently seeking an Equipment Engineer, reporting to a Maintenance Supervisor, in our Lee's Summit location. Areas include, but are not limited to Diffusion, Metals, Epitaxy, Photolithography, Etch, and others.
General Summary of Purpose
Responsible for improving the stability of the equipment in the Fab. Driving a reduction in scrap for assigned area.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving equipment performance improvements in a specific area.
- Responsible for manage installation and qualification of equipment.
- Assist Maintenance Manager in developing and implementing training programs for maintenance technicians.
- Assist Process Engineering group in optimizing furnace recipes for maximum throughput and zero aborts.
- Work situation may on occasion require other than standard working hours for resolution of problems.
- Maintain spare parts and work on reducing the cost of spares through improvement programs and/or price reductions.
- Write and maintain PM specs.
- Ensure conformance to spec procedures.
- Perform equipment maintenance on difficult fixes as required.
- Work with Maintenance staff, management, and equipment suppliers to determine training needs and priorities.
- Provide equipment utilization reports, analyzing fail codes, and other appropriate criteria to determine cause and plan of action.
- Establish and drive equipment cost reduction plans.
- Write POs for equipment and include appropriate acceptance criteria.
- Implement and ensure adherence to Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
- Modify equipment to improve process capabilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering or other technical field
- Minimum three years of experience as a Quality Engineer in a semiconductor fab.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong business ethics and desire to develop technical staff.
- Must be able to influence at all levels within the company to bring production staff, engineering and maintenance together to solve problems.
- Ability to identify key equipment issues, evaluate options and take action.
- Good knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access software.