CUSTOMER QUALITY ENGINEER, PLANO, TX
Diodes Incorporated is seeking a Customer Quality Engineer to serve as customer's advocate and quality and reliability champion for the local business entity.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving compliance with and alignment of both, Diodes and customer quality requirements and commitments for products, processes and services delivered by Diodes.
- Interfaces with wafer fabrication and assembly/test sites, engineering, and sales to provide technical support for process and product qualifications, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), and reliability assessments of Diodes’ products.
- Serves as primary packaging expert supporting package related quality and reliability issues at customers or Diodes’ assembly sites.
- Acts as quality representative to external customers, responsible for continually improving the customer's valuation of the quality experienced with any Diodes process, product, or service beginning with new product development through product end-of-life.
- Leads change review board (CRB) team meetings, aligns change request schedules across regional business units and global factories in order to minimize the number of product change notifications (PCN) to customers.
- Serves as PCN/Change coordinator and is involved in process and product change management.
- Generates PCNs and tracks customer approval status to allow smooth transitions within targeted schedules.
- Processes customer inquiries for environmental compliance and provides product content reports.
- Serves as compliance coordinator while staying updated on industry standards such as RoHS, ELV, WEEE and other agency compliance requirements.
- Generates qualification plans that are aligned with Diodes’ internal requirements while meeting customer’s reliability expectations.
- Tracks progress of qualification status, reviews reliability test results, determines disposition of non-compliant products, reviews and releases qualification packs and PPAPs for Diodes’ internal factories as well as foundries and subcontractor assembly/test sites.
- Utilizes previously generated qualification data in order to apply qualification by similarity (QBS) as much as possible.
- Reduces qualification cycle time and cost while still meeting reliability performance requirements.
- Frequently interacts with customers and Diodes functional managers and engineers in product development, design, test, marketing, sales, planning, manufacturing, etc. These interactions often are with regard to potential, real or perceived customer quality or reliability concerns arising from technical, administrative or logistical events.
- Coordinates root cause identification, corrective actions and preventive actions of product quality issues resulting from manufacturing processes (Wafer Fab and Assembly/Test Sites) or Diodes business processes.
- Provides technical liaison with customers, Diodes’ failure analysis labs, factories and suppliers as well as frequent technical support of sales and marketing.
- Prepares failure analysis reports and tracks customer claim status.
- Performs customer specification reviews and consolidates inputs from various other functions
- Responsible for completing technical customer questionnaires for quality and reliability related questions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Requires a BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering with 5-10 years of related experience in the areas of semiconductor manufacturing, product engineering, packaging, quality engineering.
Must be well-organized, self-directed, self-starter, highly motivated, proactive problem solver with the ability to get results without owning resources and possessing direct authority.
Familiarity with JEDEC and AEC-Q100/Q101 as well as ISO 9001, TS16949 standards as well as RoHS, ELV, WEEE, etc.
Hands-on ISO/TS Audit experience is a plus.
Familiar and experienced with problem solving methodologies such as 8D or PDCA.
Experience in Test and Process SPC beneficial.
- Should have good working knowledge of common software tools such as Web browsers (IE), Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of Lotus Notes would be beneficial.